Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Metathesis

"Metathesis" is track 2 on my EP "Mixed Emotions."

In February 2012, my good friend Brian Gapp showed me some music production software called FL Studio . I pretty much fell in love with it, and I'm pretty sure it helped form my writing style. Anyway, about the song:
"Metathesis" is a linguistic term for transposition of sounds or syllables within a word. Honestly, I just opened up a dictionary to a random page and picked a word. I think it has a nice ring to it!
There was an early version released onto SoundCloud and YouTube on February 12th, 2012, but the EP version released December 11th has a couple of small, subtle changes. You probably won't notice them unless you listen with subs. Since I wrote it so long ago, it's already at that point where listening to it can bring back some good memories! :)

Listen on YouTube
iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment